Stamps (Philately)/L

QV 1882
QV 1882  
1882 QV, 1/2 a. Green, wmk. Star, cancelled with squared circle Manovi, Y 9 JU 86 and letter "L" to ...(??)

Hi Angel,
Thanks for contacting me for your query. As regards letter 'L' on the stamp, it is not a cancellation or postmark but it is local overprint by any semi government organisation. It is one kind of Security Marking on stamp to avoid theft or misuse of the stamp.

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya

I can answer queries related to Modern Postal History of India, Indian Postal Stationery, Baroda and Rajpipla State Postal History and fiscals. Please no questions about valuation of stamps or any philatelic material.

Involved in philatelic activities for more than 30 years. As a collector I have actively participated in State, National and International level Philatelic Exhibitions, writing articles on various aspects of philately. I am also a web master and maintaining philatelic web sites for the promotion of philately.

President: Baroda Philatelic Society
Moderator : Indian Philatelists' Forum (A web based e-group promoting Indian Philately. -
Secretary: Philatelic Congress of India
India Study Circle for Philately, U.K.
Association International des Journalistes Philatéliques (AIJP)
Philatelic Webmasters' Association
Volunteer Editor for (Editing Recreation/Collecting/Stamps Category)

1. Vadophil- Quarterly News Bulletin of Baroda Philatelic Society (Also an editor of the journal)
2. India Post - Journal of India Study Circle for Philately
3. Ind Dak
4. GPA Newsletter
5. A Guide to Modern Indian Postal Stationery, Vol. I (Envelopes)
6. Various Philatelic Souvenirs published during philatelic exhibitions.
7. - Website for the promotion of Indian Philately

B. Sc. (Microbiology)

Have won Silver, Large Silver, Vermeil and Large Vermeil medals with special prizes for my collections on Postal Stationery of India, Philavision, Shahastrabdi (Millennium) and The Story of Milk at State, Regional, National and International level.