Stamps (Philately)/Misprint Carl Sandburg 1978 stamp

Question
Hi Mike
I have a misprinted 1978 Carl Sandburg stamp. It is similar to the misprint you have listed in your ebay store http://www.ebay.com/itm/1731-Huge-Misperf-Error-Carl-Sandburg-Mint-NH-/380236708
however my version of the stamp has been printed landscape format rather than portrait as it should have been and Carl's face is even more offset. Do you know if this is a common error and if the stamp is worth anything?

Kind regards
Malia

Answer
Hi Malia,
Thanks for the question.
Malia, I have seen many misperf errors of the Carl Sandburg stamp. This stamp was never printed in a landscape format, so if as you say yours was, then this would be a major misperf. As far as value it is very difficult to say without seeing it. If you could do a follow-up with a picture/scan, then I would be able to give you a better idea of value.
thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern