Stamps (Philately)/american dream , medallic art co.

Jim Cantwell wrote at 2012-11-01 19:54:50
Mr. Leon, reread the original question and then admit your error.  The questioned "stamps" contain over 500 grams of Sterling Silver, which at todays metal market are worth nearly $500. You priced the paper thin gold or silver "stamps" that would yield almost no gold or silver if melted.  Jim Cantwell

Jim... wrote at 2014-06-07 02:10:18
Our stamp expert went down the wrong rabbit hole.  The items in question were produced for/by the USPS in 1992.  They were getting on the Franklin Mint bandwagon.  The total set weighs over 500 grams of sterling silver and are then 24 karat gold plated.  With silver being just over $19 as I write this the set is worth over $300 in scrap silver alone.  Many if not most have been melted down during the late gold/silver run up.

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon