Stamps (Philately)/1c franklin

Question
my (2) franklin 1c
my (2) franklin 1c  
i have these two stamps , i think one might be rare, maybe both, however the one on the right sure looks alot like 596

Answer
Hi Andy,
Thanks for the question,
Andy, because of the extremely minor difference between the 594 (19-3/4mm x 22-1/4mm) and the 596 (19-1/4mm x 22-1/2mm) I cannot tell from the picture. Again because of the small difference it is very difficult to measure, a better way is to compare the size to a known 594. If you don't have any, it would be cheaper (at first) to buy cheap damaged copies, cut one vertically and one horizontally and use them as your measuring guide.
After this, if you still believe yours is the rare #596 it would have to be sent in for a certificate of authenticity to be considered genuine. Unfortunately these are not that cheap, and start at about $30-$35 or so for a certificate and can run significantly higher for valuable stamps (I believe some services give a partial refund if it is found to be the common variety). I hope this helps.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern