Stamps (Philately)/22k Stamp Replica

I have a question that I often wondered but can't seem to find an answer. In late 2012 the USPS issued a new USS CONSTITUTION stamp. How log is it after a stamp is issued does the 22k replica with the first day issue stamp envelope released?  Is there a time line or law that defines this? Thanks for your time and patience.

Hello Donald,

Thanks for your question.  It's a good one.

Gold replica stamps are issued by private companies in an attempt to cash in on the popularity of stamp collecting.  Gold replica stamps themselves were never issued by the U.S.P.S.  That being siad, their value is quite speculative.

The real value (stamp wise# comes fro0m the actual stamp on the cover #nhot the gold replica).  These covers usually sell between $1.00 and $5.00 with $1.50 being the average.

As for when a gold stamp replica is issued, that is totally up to the private company that is promoting them.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Apprecaite it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996