Stamps (Philately)/A155

Good Evening! I have a stamp collection that was my Grandmothers that I am just started going through. I found a set of two stamps that do not look used just aged needless to say. Really nice deep green, looks like from the A155 Ben Franklin series. I would like to know how to find out which one it is.

Thank you so much for your help!

The stamps look to me to be Scott 552, the 1923 flat plate issue perforated 11 x 11.  I cannot be certain without direct examination, but the perforations, color and proportions seem consistent with those of Scott 552.  

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.