Stamps (Philately)/Alaska First Day of Issue covers

Question
I have three Alaska First Day of Issue covers.  The first bears an official cachet and 7c stamp with the cancellation postmark dated January 3, 1959 from the First Day City Juneau. The second is the 25th Anniversary Alaska Statehood cover with the goldleaf replica of the 1959-1984 20c stamp along with the actual 20c stamp and the cancellation postmark dated January 3, 1983 from the First Day City Fairbanks.  The third is the 50th anniversary cover with 42c stamp and cancellation postmark dated January 3, 2009 from the First Day City Anchorage. Please let me know if this set has re-sale value and how I can sell it.

Answer
Hello Al,

Thanks for your question.

The first cover you mention (the airmail stamp dated 1959) is Scott #C53 and it has a list value of $1.50.

The second cover (from Fairbanks) is Scott #2066 and it has a list value of $1.00.

The third cover (from Anchorage) is Scott #4374 and it has a list value of $2.10.

Keep in mind that list values are a guide as to what you could expect to pay for an item if you were to buy it at a stamp dealer.  Selling that same item to a stamp dealer will generally net you 20% to 30% of the list value depending on condition and demand.

All three of the stamps you mention are considered as "commons" (sorry wish I( had better news).  There would be little demand if you were to sell these to a dealer or through an auction.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton