Stamps (Philately)/Binders full of stamps

We have a bunch of binders with tons of stamps that we want to appraise and sell. Is there any way manage that?

I can scan them an upload a good quallity image  (with numbers in each stamp for easier reference)  so you can give them a look. But I know that it's a lot of work for you. Any recommendation?

I recommend bringing your holdings to the next local stamp club meeting and ask if there is a knowledgeable member who would be willing to make a quick assessment of your holdings.  With a brief scan, an experienced philatelist will be able to estimate the value of the collection to the nearest order of magnitude (i.e. its worth hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, etc).  At that point you might ask for a more complete appraisal for a fee, usually $50 to $500 depending on how much material there is, and how much value was figured in the estimate.

Following the estimate or appraisal, you can decide the disposition.  Your choices are 1) Keep the collection, 2) Sell the collection privately to a stamp dealer or collector, 3) Donate the collection to the stamp club, or 4) Consign the collection to a stamp auctioneer (or post onto an on-line auction like for public sale.

You also can find dealers interested in buying your stamps in a stamp publication like Linn's Stamp News.  You could sell the collection to such a dealer for little effort, but it would yield equally little value.  There's usually a copy floating around the stamp club, otherwise you can find a copy at a stamp shop or find them online at:

Here's where to find a stamp club in your area:

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.