Stamps (Philately)/Two Booklet Singles

Washington 279Bj
Washington 279Bj  

Franklin 300b
Franklin 300b  
Hello William,
On two post cards, I have what I believe is a 2c Washington Scott 279Bj and a 1c Franklin Scott 300b. The Scott 2013 catalog does not list either as a single. Am I correct on my conclusion (booklet stamps) due to the straight edge on both stamps? If so, what is a possible value? See attached photos. Thanks. Ken

Sorry Ken, these are not necessarily booklet stamps and the only way to be sure is by lifting them off and checking to see which direction the watermark is on each.  Sheet stamps have horizontal watermarks and booklet panes have vertical watermarks.  Other than that, there is no way to know for sure.  And if they WERE booklet stamps, they would be worth a fraction of the prices for full panes.  The 1c about $20/30. and the 2c about $50/100.

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.