Stamps (Philately)/DUCK STAMPS

QUESTION: What would be the value of a full sheet of mint RW60 DUCK STAMPS in xf or vf condition? Are they worth collecting? How can the average person tell the difference bewten gem grade and Superb and just ordinary? I recently purchased a set of man on the moon stamps and the clarity and 3d quuality of the sheets was really fantastic.

ANSWER: RW60 is a fairly recent stamp and so will only have a resale value in relation to face value - unless very high grade (95,98 or 100).  I suspect most dealers would offer you around half face for the sheet. If you can't tell by looking if the stamps have 4 relatively even balanced margins, then I can't help you with evaluating the grade. If you could post a scan of the sheet, I could probably tell you more.

duck page
duck page  

duck sheet corners
duck sheet corners  
QUESTION: Here are some scans. I tried to show the four corners and the back.

Well, it does appear to be rather well centered. I would recommend that you tear off the best-centered plate block and submit it to PSE, then if you get a grade 95 or higher, submit some of the rest of them - or at least some that seem as well centered as the one you got a high grade for.  But be aware, that even if you DO get a high grade, the true current market value of modern graded ducks is very low in relation to the SMQ values, and it may not even pay to get any graded in that you may not be able to realize enough to justify the cost of the graded cert, shipping, etc.  What I would also suggest is contacting a leading dealer in Ducks, such as Sam Houston in Texas and ask them how much they would pay for high grade RW60, and then proceed based on their answer.

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.