Stamps (Philately)/First day of issue

Question
Hello Bill,
I have a few postmarked first day of issue (Boston , MA  May 29, 1964) JFK Memorial Stamps and envelope. I can send you a copy of a scanned immage if you wish.
I saw in another post of yours that the first day of issue was in April, however this clearly indicates in the postmark in caps FIRST DAY OF ISSUE Boston May 29, 1964. What's the scoop and would you like a scanned copy of the envelope?
Regards
Steve

Answer
Steve,  the horizontal format 5c Kennedy and eternal flame US stamp was officially issued May 29, 1964 and has a catalog value as a first day cover with a cachet of $3 if cancelled in Washington, DC and $5 if cancelled in another city.  A cachet is a design added to the envelope and related to the stamp issue and or subject.  Not knowing what other post you read, I can't answer about April without more information.

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr