Stamps (Philately)/Liechtenstein Stamp.

I have been trying to find out more about this stamp, It says Liechtenstein on it but I cant find it in any catalogues, I have attached a picture, hope you can help.

Many Thanks,

Hi Andrew,

the stamp from Liechtenstein is from a sub-category of postage stamps. Unfortunately I do not know the exact word in English - in German it is called "Portomarken" in French "frais de porto". Maybe it is "surcharge stamps" in English ?
Many countries - including Liechtenstein - had special stamps for billing surcharge on letters. These have been placed on the letter before delivery of the letter by a postal clerk and charged at delivery from the postman.
The stamp you are referring to has been issued in July 1920. According to the German Michel catalog, the current value is just 0.40 Euro.

Hope this answer helps.
Kind regards

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang

I can answer questions about `music on stamps` which covers composers, instruments and singers as well as musical notes, dance, opera and all other music related topics shown on stamps, postmarks and postal stationaries.

I am collecting 'music on stamps' since more than 30 years. Since 1994 I'm the editor of the magazine 'Der Musikus' which is published quarterly in German with English and French abstracts.
Please ask for a free copy at motivgruppe
Since 1995 I'm president of 'Motivgruppe Musik', a musical stamp club with appr. 300 members from 28 countries. Besides of several musical stamp collections I've a special library with more than 100 books about music and more than 600 books, booklets and articles about music on stamps

More than 500 articles about 'music on stamps' mainly published in our quarterly magaine "Der Musikus" (German / English / French).
Several articles published in "The Baton" (magazine of PMC).
Several articles published in topical stamp magazines in Germany, France, Japan, The Netherlands ......
Please also visit ""

There isn't a special education on stamp collecting but I've got the certificate from the Bavarian stamp society to act as a judge for topical stamp collections at competitive stamp exhibitions. In my 'civil job' I'm a graduated engineer for computer science.

Winner of the international "Augusto Massari Price" 1997 which is told to be the "Oscar in Music Philately".