Stamps (Philately)/War stamps

War stamps - packets (used)

FOR DEFENSE 1 cent - green, industry,agriculture (liberty statue)
2 cent - red, army and navy (gun)
3 cent - purple, security,conservation,education,health

2 cent - red, nations united for victory (wheat)

3 cent - purple, win the war (eagle) both light and dark ink.

Can you tell me if there is value to sell these, and where I could authentic stamp values safely in Tacoma/Seattle, WA for an inheritaged collection starting @ 1907?

More than 1 question, but could use some good advice.  Thank YOU!

Jill B

The stamps you listed are common in used condition.  While each is valued at 25 cents in the latest Scott catalog, these stamps often changes hands among collectors for about a penny apiece.  You can look up the value of all your stamps at your local library.  Ask at the reference desk for the Scott Specialized Catalog of United States Stamps and Covers.  There you will find photographs and current values for every United States stamp ever issued, sorted by date of issue.  You can also show your collection around at the next local stamp club meeting.  I'm sure there would be members willing to help you assess your holdings.

Here's where to find a stamp club in your area:

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.