Stamps (Philately)/1920 documentary stamp

Hello terry, I have a postmarked may 19 1920. Morris n company stamp it is orange with documentary on top and has united states internal revenue written around under top and 10 dollars at the bottom with what looks like a roman/Greco figure in middle. Not sure of year of stamp or value. Only that its stamped with morris @ company may 19 1920 on it. Thank you if u can help I have tried to find it online.had no luck. Try stevene

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your question.

Revenue stamps were used as a form of receipt for goods received or services rendered.  The stamp you are asking about is Scott #R221 and it was issued in 1914.  The current list value of this stamp in used condition is $6.50.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996