Stamps (Philately)/documentary stamps

I have the following four documentary stamps:
Ewing series 1946 two dollars
Crawford series 1946 10 cents
Woodbury series 1946 one dollar
Duane series 1946 fifty cents

Re these worth anything? Thank you.

Good morning Howard,

Thanks for your question.

What you have there are referred to as revenue stamps.  They were used as a form of receipt for goods received or services rendered.  All four of the stamp you have there carry a list value of 30c each in mint condition.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996