Stamps (Philately)/Ic Omnibus Coil Stamp

The 1c Omnibus (Scott# 1897) was issued on August 19, 1983 and reissued on November 26, 1986 (Scott# 2225). What is the difference between the two issues and how can I identify which one I have?
I have a PNC4 that is MIS-CUT to the point where the plate# 2 is 99% at the top and only a sliver is visible at the bottom. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hi George,

I have no "insider information" to answer your question since Scott does not even note that there was a reissue of #1897.  My guess is that there is NO difference between them as I think Scott would mention it if there were.  However you can go directly to the Scott Editor at and ask Jim.  But don't be surprised if even he doesn't have an answer.  Sorry I couldn't help more.  Your miscut strip is interesting!

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.