Stamps (Philately)/Inherited collection

Question
Charles, I have an inherited stamp collection. I have acquired a Scotts guide , but the collection is too large to determine the value. Is their another way of determining the value?
I have about fifteen albums and thousands of loose stamps in cellophane envelopes. Thank you in advance for your help.

Answer
Hi Gaylen,
You could take a representative sample to a stamp fair and ask some of the dealers for an appraisal.  You could also buy a copy of the "American Philatelist" which has many dealer ads and choose one near you who will also be able to value the collection.
cheers
chabro

Stamps (Philately)

Charles Bromser