Stamps (Philately)/Patriotic covers

3 covers
3 covers  
Mr. Weiss,

30 years ago I bought a lot of about 75 union covers for less than $100.00. The gentleman  who sold them to me me pointed out that  a small group of them were not ordinary and that I should not let them go without knowing more about them.  I took his advice and would ask you if he and  I did the right thing by holding on to them. Here are three of the five I've held on to. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi Barry,

I will try to help. In terms of market value - which would vary depending on where you sell the material - the 3 you show are roughly worth about $25/30. That would be on the high end.  A dealer (assuming they are sound - no holes in the back or damage that can't be seen in your pictures - would probably offer you about $15., which would be fair. If you would like to discuss the disposal of these 75 covers, please contact me privately at and I can be more helpful to you. I assume that you know that I am the author of the definitive catalog of these covers "The Catalog of Union Civil War Patriotic Covers", which has sold over 800 copies since it was published in 1997?

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.