Stamps (Philately)/Follow up picture

Question
pair
pair  
Greetings, You had ask me to send a picture of a possible pair of U.S. scott #500. Sorry for the delay. I now have a scanner and will attempt to attach a picture here.

Answer
Stephen,
 Yes, this is quite a tricky one, and the cancellation doesn't make it easy.  If the color I'm seeing is true to the color of the stamp, then I would say there is a good chance it is a 500.  But, I'm not able to see to any detail the characteristics of the stamp that would help identify it as as Type Ia.  There are instances of either rotary or flat plate printings (which this one appears to be but only occurred on 2 plates 10208 and 10209).  Is there any way you can get a better closeup of this?  Even a photo with your phone's camera (or borrow someone's phone like a newer model Google/Android phone or an iPhone 5 which have good resolution, and take as close an image of just the stamp as you can get without it turning blurry.  Closeup of each would be helpful, but if you can only get one, the bottom one would be preferred as it has less obstruction in the areas I need to look at it to examine for "key spots & dots". Then I can give a positive ID  on its type.
 At this point I give it a 60/40 based on color, but that's not definitive.  If I can get a good closeup of it, then I can give you a positive ID.
Best regards,
Scott

Stephen,
  I have taken a closer look at the pair, and I do not believe they are 500's.  The print type appears to me to be more offset print (the colors bleed more together in this type of print), due to the transfer roller).  There are 5 types that are perf 11 which these are (I can tell by counting the perf tips at the top and edge of the stamp: 11 across the top, 13 down the side).  This is perf 11.  All off these are pretty common, with 526 having a value of $4, and 528B a value of 40c.  The other 3 are 527, 528 and 528A all 40c to $2.  It just doesn't have the crispness of a flat plate printing that I would expect to see in a 500.  For clarity you can take it in to a local shop, or send it off for ID which is usually around $5 for a positive ID.
Sorry for the bad news.
-S

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton