Stamps (Philately)/misprint stamps from USPS vending

Question
If stamps from the USPS self-service machines come out without the barcode part printed, are they worth anything? Or just return for fully printed ones? (The new reindeer stamps)
Curious.
Thanks,
Lynn

Answer
Hi Lynn,
Thanks for the question.
Lynn, I definitely would not return them. Although printing Errors on the more modern Computer Vended Postage (this is what these are called) are not considered rare by any means, they certainly are worth more than just the face value. Because these are fairly new it is tough to give an exact estimate, but judging by some of the other errors I have seen I would estimate these at somewhere between $2-$5 per stamp, possibly more if not that many show up.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern