Stamps (Philately)/Stamps

I was wondering if you knew of a way to safely remove address labels off the back of stamps without any damage to the stamps? Thanks.

You can try Bestine.  Its a solvent I use to separate modern self-adhesive stamps from envelope paper.  I use a brush dipped in Bestine and liberally 'paint' the back side, and then gently peel the stamp away.  Bestine is available at craft and hobby stores.  But be careful with Bestine - its highly flammable.  Use it in a well ventilated area.

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.