Stamps (Philately)/Franklin Stamp

Franklin stamp
Franklin stamp  
Hi Mr Weiss

I can across this stamp in a box found in our attic. I was wondering if this was a rare stamp. I did not think anything of it as I figured it was a basic stamp but after researching it further I thought there was a chance that it was more rare than I thought as I tried to count the perforation and they seem to be more than the basic stamp however I really have not idea and am far from an expert. I thought I would send you the photo and see what your opinion was

Do you have a perf gauge?  That would be the first thing you would need to do. It looks to me that the gauge could be 11x10.5 in which case it is Scott #632 a stamp worth about 25c. But if it gauges 11 on all four sides, then contact me again.  But I doubt it as it looks like a 632 to me.

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.