Stamps (Philately)/Music on Stamps

Question
Stamps
Stamps  
Hi Peter,

Could you please tell me what the music on the stamps indicate?

George

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Answer
Dear George,

the Liszt stamp from Austria shows an excerpt from the score of the symphonic poem no.3 "Les Preludes".
The Donizetti stamp shows an - so far - unidentified musical excerpt.

By the way: our Philatelic Music Study Group has started a project to publish a complete list of notation on stamps on our homepage under www.motivgruppe-musik.de/indexe.hml. Parts will be visible for the public - the complete list will be available in the members only section. I'll inform you when the public part is available.

Kind regards
Peter  

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang