Stamps (Philately)/Documentary U.S. Internal Revenue Series 1947

Question
I have some 1 cent and 10 cent documentary Internal Revenue stamps with a picture of Alex Hamilton.
Just wondering their value.
Thank you

Answer
Hello Rich,

Thanks for your question.

Revenue stamps were used as a form of receipt to show payment for goods received or services rendered.  The 1c stamp you have there is Scott #R461.  It has a list value of 55c each.  The 10c stamp is Scott #R467 and it has a list value of 30c each.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Terry
P.S.  Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton