Stamps (Philately)/First day cover dt 26 jan 1950

Among the old papers of may father I recently found a First day cover of 26 Jan 1950, with a stamp of the same event franked on same date at GPO Mumbai. I would like to know what it will be worth.

Dear Viswanathan,
Thanks for contacting me for your query. First of all I would like to inform you that I do not provide any information regarding valuation of any kind of philatelic material as I am not a valuer or dealer. For your information FDC of 26th Jan 1950 is not very scare and also not very expensive.

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya

I can answer queries related to Modern Postal History of India, Indian Postal Stationery, Baroda and Rajpipla State Postal History and fiscals. Please no questions about valuation of stamps or any philatelic material.

Involved in philatelic activities for more than 30 years. As a collector I have actively participated in State, National and International level Philatelic Exhibitions, writing articles on various aspects of philately. I am also a web master and maintaining philatelic web sites for the promotion of philately.

President: Baroda Philatelic Society
Moderator : Indian Philatelists' Forum (A web based e-group promoting Indian Philately. -
Secretary: Philatelic Congress of India
India Study Circle for Philately, U.K.
Association International des Journalistes Philatéliques (AIJP)
Philatelic Webmasters' Association
Volunteer Editor for (Editing Recreation/Collecting/Stamps Category)

1. Vadophil- Quarterly News Bulletin of Baroda Philatelic Society (Also an editor of the journal)
2. India Post - Journal of India Study Circle for Philately
3. Ind Dak
4. GPA Newsletter
5. A Guide to Modern Indian Postal Stationery, Vol. I (Envelopes)
6. Various Philatelic Souvenirs published during philatelic exhibitions.
7. - Website for the promotion of Indian Philately

B. Sc. (Microbiology)

Have won Silver, Large Silver, Vermeil and Large Vermeil medals with special prizes for my collections on Postal Stationery of India, Philavision, Shahastrabdi (Millennium) and The Story of Milk at State, Regional, National and International level.