Stamps (Philately)/Glue and printing

Question
I have a block of 4 stamps that has "TOP" printed on the back and also lacks glue across the bottom half of two the stamps.
It's Blackbook # 703
"YORKTOWN"   2 cent stamp.
Anything special about this ?

Answer
Hi Edward,
Thanks for the question,
Edward, Without a picture it is a little difficult to say. I have seen many stamps with the gum on only part of the stamp, this is usually caused by either a paper splice that has come apart or from a misfeed of the sheets during the gumming process. Unfortunately unless you have both parts of the splice, there is very little if any premium to the value. As for the "TOP" being printed on the back, I suspect it is probably actually backwards, this is known as offset and in this case would occur from the sheets being stacked while the ink was still wet. Again this would add very little if any premium. Hope this helps, but let me know if I can be of further assistance
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern