Stamps (Philately)/Identify Stamps

Question
not known
not known  

Is it a fake
Is it a fake  
Hi, you have helped me in the past and hope you can help again.
I have 2 stamps which I not sure about, 1 from Argentina which Iam not sure if it is a fake, and 1 which I can not identify.
Please can you help, Many thanks.

Answer
Hi Andrew,

let's start with the stamp from Argentina. It is not at all a fake !
This stamp is part of a series of definitive stamps issued on Jan. 11th 1862.
According to the German Michel catalog the green 10 Centavos stamp is the number 6 II of Argentina.
Number 6 II because the word "REPUBLICA" is not written with "" but with normal "U".
I think you have really found a treasure, because the catalog value of this stamp in unused condition is about 500 Euro. I'm not an expert on stamps from Argentina but I think you really should contact an expert and try to get an expertise for this stamp.

The unidentified stamp is a "newspaper imprint stamp" (timbre taxe pour journaux) from Austria issued June 1st 1867 (Michel catalog number 42). There are a lot of variants in the printing of this stamp. Since I'm not an expert for Austrian stamps I cannot tell you which type your stamp is. Depending on the actual type, the catalog value goes from 0.50 Euro up to 40 Euro for used issues. Also here you need an expert to get an expertise of your stamp.

I hope these answers are helpful.

Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter  

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang