Stamps (Philately)/very large margin

Question
"Hi, I was wondering if you have come across this before on this stamp? Big margin (if that is what its called) on left but well centered on the rest. Cat. # 248 and if its worth anything. Thanks for your time."

Answer
Hi Kent,
Thanks for the question,
Kent, unfortunately it is not that unusual to have a stamp with one large margin. Even if the other margins are fairly uniform, most collectors would not pay any premium for it, and others would not want it because of the extreme uneven look. This has a catalog value of $9 used, $30 mint, and $90 mint never hinged. I suspect yours might retail for between 25-40% of catalog value, as there are a lot of these out there and they are also often identified incorrectly.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern