Stamps (Philately)/Revenue Stamp

Stamp Image
Stamp Image  
Mr. Leon,

I found the attached $50 revenue stamps that appear not to be cancelled.  They were on the back of some stock certificates for our ranch.  They don't appear very old, and are in good condition.

I was wondering if they would have any value?  I appreciate your time.

Your revenue stamps are from 1954 and are designated Scott number R680.  Fault-free, eye-appealing examples in unused condition are valued at $55 each.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.