Stamps (Philately)/Scott #7 error?

Question
I have a Scott #7 used with a dark half moon curve in the hair -- looks like a parenthesis mark pointing down. Is this the "curl in hair" referenced in the Scott 2013 catalog? I cannot find an example anywhere online. Thanks for your help!

Lou

Answer
Hi Lou,
Thanks for the question,
Lou, Because this "curl in hair" variety has such an extremely subtle difference from the normal copy it is impossible for me to say without being able to inspect it close up. I did find an example of it online on a very informative site I use periodically. Here is a link to the page (scroll about halfway down) so you can see what it looks like.
http://www.theswedishtiger.com/7-scotts.html
Hope this helps and thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern