Stamps (Philately)/Special covers

I am interested to collect Special Covers on Indian personalities. Here in HP , the covers released during exhibition are hardly on persons and it is difficult to get special covers for me. I don't know even about dealers who may provide such covers released all over India to me. How can I collect them?

ANSWER: Hi Bhumika,
Thanks for contacting me for your query. I suggest you to contact Indian Stamp Dealers by mail and send them your requirements. You can find list of stamp dealers on
Prashant Pandya

QUESTION: May you tell me about some dealers supplying foreign stamps at good prices.

Once again thanks for your query. You may contact those dealers listed on the website for your requirements of stamps or any philatelic material. Also you can find stamps on and/or Alternately you can buy them directly from postal administrations of different countries. They do sell online.
Prashant Pandya

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya

I can answer queries related to Modern Postal History of India, Indian Postal Stationery, Baroda and Rajpipla State Postal History and fiscals. Please no questions about valuation of stamps or any philatelic material.

Involved in philatelic activities for more than 30 years. As a collector I have actively participated in State, National and International level Philatelic Exhibitions, writing articles on various aspects of philately. I am also a web master and maintaining philatelic web sites for the promotion of philately.

President: Baroda Philatelic Society
Moderator : Indian Philatelists' Forum (A web based e-group promoting Indian Philately. -
Secretary: Philatelic Congress of India
India Study Circle for Philately, U.K.
Association International des Journalistes Philatéliques (AIJP)
Philatelic Webmasters' Association
Volunteer Editor for (Editing Recreation/Collecting/Stamps Category)

1. Vadophil- Quarterly News Bulletin of Baroda Philatelic Society (Also an editor of the journal)
2. India Post - Journal of India Study Circle for Philately
3. Ind Dak
4. GPA Newsletter
5. A Guide to Modern Indian Postal Stationery, Vol. I (Envelopes)
6. Various Philatelic Souvenirs published during philatelic exhibitions.
7. - Website for the promotion of Indian Philately

B. Sc. (Microbiology)

Have won Silver, Large Silver, Vermeil and Large Vermeil medals with special prizes for my collections on Postal Stationery of India, Philavision, Shahastrabdi (Millennium) and The Story of Milk at State, Regional, National and International level.