Stamps (Philately)/unused 1 cent postal card

Question
postal card
postal card  
Hi Bill
I have a unused one cent postal card,I know it is government issue but that is all. Never used, back of card is totally blank.
I can't seem to pin a date or value to it,Hoping you can shed some light on it.

Thank you for your insight.

Answer
Kevin,

Your postal card was issued in early 1898 and in very fine condition has a catalog value of $40.00.  Your card has several obvious condition issues:  a bend, a corner fold, several punctures of some kind, a small tear, and a couple of stains.  The condition problems reduce the retail value of this card significantly as it is now a space filler, maybe $2-$5.  Scott catalog number is UX14.

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr