Stamps (Philately)/Unusual lincoln stamp?

Hi Mark,

I recently found old stamps in my mom's belongings and did my best to look them up on the net. I believe they do not have much value but there was one I could not find any where.  

This is a 3 cent Lincoln stamp, as far as I can tell no water mark. Never been used either.  It is kind of a pale white leaning towards pinkish or very light rose, with the head of Lincoln (as a bust) in statue form not a photo type picture.  His name is at the top A,Lincoln and the 3 cent in bottom right corner, United States Postage at bottom.

The other stamps, all never used and in great shape;
3 cent American Chemical Society.
1 cent Alincoln blues green
4 cent Lincoln rose color
and 3 3cent Liberty stamps

Please let me know your thoughts.  Thank you.

Kind regards,

The Lincoln stamp you describe is Scott number 1114, issued February, 1959.  The other stamps you list are also from the 1950's.  All are common stamps, valued at 25 cents apiece (the minimum value for any stamp in the Scott catalog).

You can look up all your stamps at your local library.  Ask at the reference desk for the Scott Specialized Catalog of United States Stamps and Covers.  There you will find photographs and current values for every United States stamp ever issued, sorted by date of issue.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.