Stamps (Philately)/Value of Liechtenstein stamps

Hello Mr Weiss, and thank you to spend time to answer my questions.

I am an amateur in collecting stamps, and I get my stamps from ebay. I have no access to any professional stamp catalogue to evaluate the real value of any stamps. In this specific case, I am bidding on a collection of stamps from Liechtenstein, from 1975 to 1983. I was wondering if I can get an idea of the collection (all MNH) by simply summing their face values together? or is there any coefficient to be multiplied to this sum?

I would be grateful if you could advise me on this issue.

Best Regards,

I am surprised that anyone would bid on any collection without having a rough idea of the catalog value. I do not know of any simple formula for relating the face value of Liechtenstein stamps to catalog value, but my guess is that the catalog value is at least 2X face value for any non-premium item. Of course, if a stamp is scarcer for some reason, the value would be higher and have no relation to face value.  

Since you do shop on eBay, I do not understand why you don't buy a USED Scott catalog for Liechtenstein as used one-year old catalogs generally sell for about $20. + shipping, although I can understand that shipping from a foreign country to Iran might be a problem, but you might as a seller, after you win/buy the catalog, if he would be willing to tear out just the Liechtenstein pages and send them to you.  He might be willing to do that.

Good luck!

Stamps (Philately)

William R. Weiss, Jr.

United States - Virtually any kind of stamp, cover, essay, proof, cancel, covers, etc.

I have my own expertizing service - Weiss Expertizing. See here;

APS (Life member), USSS, UPSS, USPCS, USCC, EFO Club

Many different.

High School

Too numerous to list here - I have been exhibiting for over 40 years, so have accumulated lots of awards. Also for books I have written.

Thousands different. We ran Public Auctions for 25+ years and I have been a dealer since 1972.