Stamps (Philately)/Two cents bank check stamp

I have two checks from William Walker's Banking Office in Geneseo, NY dated March 23, 1866 and December 17, 1867.  Each check has the orange two cents bank check stamp on it.  Do you known if there is value to these checks?

The most common version of the 2 orange bank check revenue stamps are valued at 35 cents apiece.  There may be some value to the checks themselves as ephemera, but that is outside my expertise.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.