Stamps (Philately)/first day of issue

In 1972 my Dad worked for Benjamin Moore Paint Co. on Oct 13 of that year the company gave him a letter, envelope post marked in Hannibal, Mo. with a first day of issue post marked Tom Sawyer stamp. Do you have any idea of it's worth and how I would best go about selling it. Thank you for your time in answering my questions.

An unaddressed 1972 Tom Sawyer First Day Cover is valued at $2.50.  Addressed covers are valued far less by first day cover collectors.  You may be able to find a buyer on

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.