Stamps (Philately)/gold stamps

I have a book of calhouns gold stamps, The Gold Nations of the World number 872.  Does the collection have any value.

How can I contact Calhouns Collectors Society?

hi Dave,

Thanks for your question.  It's one that comes up often and is good to review.

Gold replica stamps were issued by private companies in an attempt to cash in on the popularity of stamp collecting.  Gold replica stamps were never issued by the U.S.P.S.  That being said, their value is quite speculative.  I have some of these covers in my collection and they are quite beautiful.

I have seen these covers retail between $1.00 and $5.00, with $1.50 being the norm.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

P.S. Please remember to rate my reply to your inquiry.  Appreciate it.  

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996