Stamps (Philately)/pre stamped evenlopes

Question
I have 2 stamped evenlopes with a .22 stamp. They are a purple with a white buffalo in the center. What arethey worth? They have never been used.
Thanks

Answer
Lacking a picture, I am guessing you have the prolific 22 cent bison envelope.  Wholesale is about 15 cents, still worth 22 cents if used for postage (remember to add the appropriate amount of additional postage.  A variety or two has some value on the collectables market but most are common with the minimum catalog value of 50 cents.  Minimum catalog value represents the cost of a dealer to handle the item and is not the value of the item.  One variety has both block tagging and overall tagging, only 2 known, both used.  A UV light, and not the kind used for posters, is required to check for this tagging variety and the cost of that UV light is about the same as the value of the variety.

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr