QUESTION: Dear sir,
I had started collecting fdc of india from 2009. I am collecting fdc covers of miniature sheets and sheetlets from the years 2009.  older miniature fdc are available. some of them are official and some of them are on private covers. are these private covers available from some dealers and online shopping sites valid. same is in the case of sheetlet covers. are there any other collectors collecting sheetlet f d covers so as to complete my collections. please help so as to continue or leave this colection. as some of my other friends of stamps collectors group are saying that pvt. fdc's have no value. sheetlets are bigger in size compairable to availability of official fdc's
waiting your reply.

ANSWER: Dear Shivam,
Thanks for your query. I am happy to learn that you are collecting FDCs of India with M/S and Sheetlets. Well, in case of Miniature Sheets and Sheetlets because of their bigger size, there are no official First Day Covers for those items and collectors are preparing private FDCs for such items. Though they are not official issues, they are certainly collectible items as they bear first day cancellations. In case of Sheetlets also same thing applies. There are collectors who collects private FDCs. Since you have already started collection of such FDCs I suggest you to continue it.
Prashant Pandya

QUESTION: Dear sir,
will you please suggest some dealers with mail id's and mobile no.'s which are capable of  providing m.s and sheetlet fdc's covers of older years (below 2009). i had already purchased some m.s covers but sheetlets covers are not available.
please help.

Hi Shivam,
Once again thanks for your follow up question. I suggest you to visit where you can find list of all stamp dealers in India. You can contact them and inquire for your requirements. I also suggest you to register yourself for Philatelist Directory in which you can find collectors of similar interest.
Prashant Pandya

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya

I can answer queries related to Modern Postal History of India, Indian Postal Stationery, Baroda and Rajpipla State Postal History and fiscals. Please no questions about valuation of stamps or any philatelic material.

Involved in philatelic activities for more than 30 years. As a collector I have actively participated in State, National and International level Philatelic Exhibitions, writing articles on various aspects of philately. I am also a web master and maintaining philatelic web sites for the promotion of philately.

President: Baroda Philatelic Society
Moderator : Indian Philatelists' Forum (A web based e-group promoting Indian Philately. -
Secretary: Philatelic Congress of India
India Study Circle for Philately, U.K.
Association International des Journalistes Philatéliques (AIJP)
Philatelic Webmasters' Association
Volunteer Editor for (Editing Recreation/Collecting/Stamps Category)

1. Vadophil- Quarterly News Bulletin of Baroda Philatelic Society (Also an editor of the journal)
2. India Post - Journal of India Study Circle for Philately
3. Ind Dak
4. GPA Newsletter
5. A Guide to Modern Indian Postal Stationery, Vol. I (Envelopes)
6. Various Philatelic Souvenirs published during philatelic exhibitions.
7. - Website for the promotion of Indian Philately

B. Sc. (Microbiology)

Have won Silver, Large Silver, Vermeil and Large Vermeil medals with special prizes for my collections on Postal Stationery of India, Philavision, Shahastrabdi (Millennium) and The Story of Milk at State, Regional, National and International level.