Stamps (Philately)/SHEETLET AND MINIATURE FIRST DAY COVERS

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir,
I had started collecting fdc of india from 2009. I am collecting fdc covers of miniature sheets and sheetlets from the years 2009.  older miniature fdc are available. some of them are official and some of them are on private covers. are these private covers available from some dealers and online shopping sites valid. same is in the case of sheetlet covers. are there any other collectors collecting sheetlet f d covers so as to complete my collections. please help so as to continue or leave this colection. as some of my other friends of stamps collectors group are saying that pvt. fdc's have no value. sheetlets are bigger in size compairable to availability of official fdc's
waiting your reply.
SHIVAM

Thanks.

ANSWER: Dear Shivam,
Thanks for your query. I am happy to learn that you are collecting FDCs of India with M/S and Sheetlets. Well, in case of Miniature Sheets and Sheetlets because of their bigger size, there are no official First Day Covers for those items and collectors are preparing private FDCs for such items. Though they are not official issues, they are certainly collectible items as they bear first day cancellations. In case of Sheetlets also same thing applies. There are collectors who collects private FDCs. Since you have already started collection of such FDCs I suggest you to continue it.
Prashant Pandya

QUESTION: Dear sir,
will you please suggest some dealers with mail id's and mobile no.'s which are capable of  providing m.s and sheetlet fdc's covers of older years (below 2009). i had already purchased some m.s covers but sheetlets covers are not available.
please help.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Shivam,
Once again thanks for your follow up question. I suggest you to visit www.indianphilately.net where you can find list of all stamp dealers in India. You can contact them and inquire for your requirements. I also suggest you to register yourself for Philatelist Directory in which you can find collectors of similar interest.
Prashant Pandya

Stamps (Philately)

Prashant H. Pandya