Stamps (Philately)/US stamps

I found a metal stamp holder filled with old stamps.
Where is the best place to find the value and sell them.  They range from 1 cent to dollars, President stamps and just denomination ones.  For example:  2 cent, red, perforated on all sides, Washington, side few of his face with pony tail.

The easy way to sell them would be on Ebay, the best way to find out what you have is to take them to a local stamp/coin store or look them up in a Scott's catalogue. It sound as if you have some Presidential Issue-1938 or some 1922-25 Regular issues. The higher values may have some value,but most need to be in real good shape to have value( mint or post office fresh ). It would help to have some pictures with the question to help identify your stamps. Sorry I can't help you as much as you would like,but I'm not quite sure what you have.

Stamps (Philately)

Michael Lancial

I am a stamp collector for 25 years and can answer most questions in US stamps and Schermack Postage vending machines

I have collected and bought many collections of US stamps over the last 25 years. I am currently a APS member in good standing for over 20 years. I also can help answer questions on Schermack Postage Vending Machines, I am not an expert but I do collect them.

I am college educated and graduated from LIT in Michigan 1988. My only stam education comes from all the classes I went to at the Plymouth,Mi stamp shows over the years.