Stamps (Philately)/alexander grahm bell 13 cent stamp

I have acquired several of the above mentioned stamps.  W hat is the significance of them being
Put on either a 1 or 2 dollar bill and stamped by the post office 7/4/1976?

The significance is that the 13 cent Bell and the $2 bill were both released in 1976, so some people thought it would make an interesting collectible to have a stamp issued in 1976 affixed to a currency note issued in 1976 and postmarked on the date of our nation's bicentennial.  I have such a stamped and postmarked $2 bill in my own collection, and I can tell you that it is worth at least $2. ;-)

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.