Stamps (Philately)/purple Thomas Jefferson 3 cent stamp

I have this stamp on a letter that is postmarked Dec. 7, 1953. The stamp is a purple Thomas Jefferson 3 cent stamp. Can you tell me the value of this stamp?
Thank you!

Without a picture I'm assuming this is the one that says United States Postage in the upper right corner. This is a Scott # 807, this stamp paid the first class rate and postcards with added messages. This was a very popular stamp,87 billion produced, and saw wide use in making up a variety  of postal rates, both domestic and international, as well as special service rates. They have very little value because there still is an endless supply, they go for about .25cents. I hope this answers your question.

Stamps (Philately)

Michael Lancial

I am a stamp collector for 25 years and can answer most questions in US stamps and Schermack Postage vending machines

I have collected and bought many collections of US stamps over the last 25 years. I am currently a APS member in good standing for over 20 years. I also can help answer questions on Schermack Postage Vending Machines, I am not an expert but I do collect them.

I am college educated and graduated from LIT in Michigan 1988. My only stam education comes from all the classes I went to at the Plymouth,Mi stamp shows over the years.