Stamps (Philately)/Alexander Graham Bell 1st Day of Issue Stamp and Envelope

AGBell Envelope Photo
AGBell Envelope Photo  
My father was a telephone man in the Washington DC area.  I found this in his belongings after he passed away and was wondering what the value might be, if any.  I am attaching a picture.

THank you!

Your 3/10/1976 First Day Cover bearing Scott number 1683 has a current catalog (retail) value of $1.00.  The US Postal Service officially canceled 662,515 First Day Covers on that day in Boston.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.