QUESTION: I have several hundred fleetwood proof panel cards, and although I know they
don't carry much resale value, I think that they would be a good choice to
collect because of the low cost and the ease to sell them to new children
collectors in the future. Can you tell me if they have any future? Does
Fleetwood still make them. I have an item that I think may be more valuable than  
the rest. Can you give me any ideas if it means something?One card that was
released with two different year date release stamped on each card. One from
1980 and the other from 1981 along with a letter from the issuing company
describing the rarity. Is it really rare or just hype?The subject is the James Holban White House proof card.

ANSWER: Hi Brain,

Thanks for your question.

The real value comes from the First Day of Issue cancellations.  The ones you have enclosed a scan of have a list value of $1.25 each.  

As for wether or not Fleetwood still markets these items, I will be honest and tell you I don't know.  Personally, I have about 50 of them myself in a single album but have never pursued expanding my collection of them.  I personally like creating my own cachets and getting them canceled.

I( suggest e-mailing Fleetwood (do a Google search for the e-mail info) and inquire if they still market these items.

Thanks again for your question and let me know if I can be of any more help.

QUESTION: So even if the Post office printed the wrong year on one of the cards as in the photographs, this will have no added value? the buyer is selling them for $150.

Hello again Brian,

Thanks for your follow up.  

The corrects date of issue for this stamp is October 13, 1981.  The ones that have the postmark of 1980, (the bottom image), I have questions about.  Many people change dates on postmarks in an attempt to try and cash in on the "uniqueness of the stamp".  Something does not sound right with that date and I would not touch it./

Stamps (Philately)

Terry Tipton

I have been involved in philately for most of my 56 years. I specialize in United States Issues and Postmarks. I have numerous reference sources to research if I do not know the answer. I am organized and promise swift courteous answers. I am a member of the American Philatelic Society. I also have my own philatelic mail order business.

As I mentioned, I have been collecting philatelic items for most of my 56 years. I have several albums of United States issues (most of them are pages I designed myself) and I also have numerous albums of postmarks sorted and researchhed by state.

American Philatelic Society, All Nations Stamp Club and Harford County Stamp Club

Linn's, All Nations Stamp Club Website, and local Newspaper

Board of Directors for Christmas in April 1990-1996