Stamps (Philately)/111867 3 cent stamp (Bgrill)?

1879 3 cent stamp
1879 3 cent stamp  
Good morning. I was recently told this stamp in my scott album was an example of the rare 1879 3 cent  B grill stamp. Could you indenify the attached photo of stamp for me please? Thank you

Grilled issues need to be examined in person by an experienced philatelist in order to determine the grill type, size and authenticity (since many stamps with fake grills exist).  The only determination that can be made from the photo is that the stamp bears the three cent Washington design of 1861, used in the manufacture of about 15 different stamp issues between 1861 and 1875.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.