Stamps (Philately)/1864 George Washington Revenue

Question
Hello Mike, I have just discovered a 1864 George Washington 25 cents Inter Revenue stamp that has written on it: the date of Aug 2 1870, and signature G Bell on it.  I looked up Graham Bell signature and have found a similarity.

Answer
Hi James,
Thanks for the question
Unfortunately , there's not much I can tell you without a scan. There are a quite a few stamps that fit your description, some are pretty common, and the values range from $1 to $100's. As for the signature, I am not an expert in signatures, but most likely if there where any value, it would not be the stamp, it would be in the signature. Of course it would have to be authenticated by a reputable person/organization that does that.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern