Stamps (Philately)/Music on stamps

Question
St. Vincent issued a souvenier sheet of mozart in Nov. 1991 no. 1545. What are the bars of music, the buildings in the background and the implication of specimen marked on sheet?
Bohemia and Moravia B7-8 is this instrument pictured a Harpiscord?
Belguim issued at stamp of Mozart no 1425. What do the bars of music represent?

Answer
Hello George,

thank you for your question:
The score on the St.Vincent stamp unfortunately is not identified - as I mentioned in my answer to your last question. Based on your last question we again started some investigation and we think we have found a hint. But we don't want to publish this presumption unless it is confirmed.

The buildings in the background show "Michaeler Platz" (St. Michel's Place) at Vienna.
The design is taken from this picture:
http://mozartschildren.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/10-december-1791-mozart-lives/mi
It can be found under:
http://mozartschildren.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/10-december-1791-humanity-hears-
On the left you see a part of the tower of St. Michel's church where Mozart's Requiem was first performed.

The word "specimen" on a stamp stands for "sample material". Such samples often are given to the press for promotion of new stamps. They are not valid for postage but since usually only a small number is available, these stamps are a little more expensive than the original stamps. However, I have seen many "specimen" stamps from islands like St. Vincent, Grenada, etc. which rises some concerns about the practice of these postal organizations.

Bohemia and Moravia: Yes, a harpsichord is shown on this stamp.

And finally Belgium: the music on this stamps are the 11 first bars of the overture of Mozart's "Don Giovanni".

Kind regards from Berlin/Germany
Peter

P.S: Interested in music on stamps ?
Visit our homepage under www.motivgruppe-musik.de/indexe.html

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang