Stamps (Philately)/Music on stamps

Question
Dear Sir:

I am putting together a Philatelic exhibit on Mozart. I really appreciate your expertise.
 The following stamps have music bars can you identify them; Belguim b790 and b 588, Shqiptare 2385-7, French Polynesia 570, Germany 1691, E. Germany 2150, Mexico 1713, Nicaragua c866,El Salvador 1288, Portugal 2006 S/S,Sharjah 1ri house, Sharjah 2ris Music And piano. The denominations on these stamps, are they a local rate postage?

Answer
Hello George,

this is my follow up on your question.
The notations on the stamps are identified as follows:

1) Belgium b588 and b790: Sonata for Violin and Piano (KV 6)
2) Shqiptare (Albania) 2385-7: Overture of "Cosi fan tutte"
3) French Polynesia 570: Concert for Piano and Violin (KV 315 f)
4) Germany 1691: Overture "The Magic Flute"
5) E. Germany 2150: "The magic Flute"
6) Mexico 1713: "Adagio" from the "Requiem"
7) Nicaragua c866: Aria from "Don Giovanni"
8) El Salvador 1288: Excerpt from the 1st movement of the symphony No. 31 "Paris" (KV 297)
9) Portugal 2006 S/S: The design in the background is from a letter Mozart wrote to his elder sister Nannel  on 4 August 1770 from Bologna. In this letter, Mozart explain some Cassaziones he composed. The notations are part of Mozart's works KV 62, KV 63 and KV 99.
10) Sharjah 2rls Music And piano: Piano Trio in D minor (KV 442)
The denomination is for Airmail
11) Sharjah 1rl house ?: I don't see music on the stamp with Mozart's birth house. However, there is a stamp with painting of Mozart at the piano in the same set, but the music on the sheet music seen there is just symbolic.

I hope this answers your question and the answer is in time for preparing your exhibit.

By the way: have you already discovered the homepage of our philatelic music study group under www.motivgruppe-musik.de/indexe.html ? You are kindly invited to partizipate in the voting for the most popular music stamp issued in 2012.

Kind regards from Berlin / Germany
Peter

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang