Stamps (Philately)/pre stamped envelopes

Question
I have some one and a half cent (brown) and 2 cent (red) pre stamped envelopes that belonged to my grandfather.  They have United States Postage printed on them and the silhouette of a president.  Can you tell me the date of these and if there is any value other than the postage amount.
Thank you for your time and response.

Answer
Well, Gloria,

Without a more detailed description and without a picture, I can only take a guess.  These are probably round stamps or oval stamps without borders.  The 1 1/2c brown round stamp type dates from the 1925s and the oval from the 1950s.  The round 2c red as early as 1916, the oval from the 1950s.  Either way, they are mostly common items and still valid for postage.  These frequently sell in face value lots at or below the face value.  There are the occasional variety of interest to a specialist, but even then, still not valuable.

There is always the possibility that the 2c red could be an earlier issue since 2c and red was the common rate and color for first class letters for many years.

Bill

Stamps (Philately)

Bill Lehr