Stamps (Philately)/Stamps I found in a storage i bought at aution

I have a 20nth anniversary of American moon landing Apollo 11 is this worth anything?  In this collection allot of different in cased stamps soviet union, mount Vernon stamp dated February 22, 1956. Its a collectors book full of different in cased with a history card beside each stamp.  Thank you for your help.

I believe you are referring to the $2.40 United States stamp issued July 20th, 1989.  It has a current catalog (retail) value of $4.75 in mint condition, or $2.00 in postally used condition.  You can look up the value of all your stamps at your local library.  Ask at the reference desk for the Scott Catalogs.  There you will find photographs and current values for every stamp ever issued worldwide, sorted by country and date of issue.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.